Thursday, July 30, 2009

Morning Magic!




Sothis morning I did something I have feared doing until this point.... I went out of the house with both girls for more than 2 hours! And I survived!




This is how I came to venture out of my comfort zone.....




Tuesday afternoon Brilei had cheerleading. 30 min class no problem.. feed the baby before we leave... by the time we get back feed her again.... easy right? So in knowing that I would only be gone in between feedings I threw on a dress... for anyone who has ever breastfed knows that dresses are difficult breastfeeding attire. And as luck would have it... 15 min into cheerleading Presslei gets hungry... (remember the growth spurt I told you about? Well still going on, she cluster feeds from 5pm to 9pm and it's almost non-stop boob action for little P) So I go to the bathroom to try and figure out how I am going to make this one work.... I have the nursing wrap... how do I get my baby in my dress without showing off everything I own? So out the top is the only option....put the nursing wrap over... success.. we are latched on with a little difficulty but we did it. Now I head back out to finish watching the cheerleading class. Of course when we get out it is pouring rain, P is still nursing. Okay... I can do this.. wait in the lobby until it lets up a little... by then P may be done and we can make a break for it. Well in the lobby we had a little issue with B... she told a little girl who had a "different looking" eye that she had a crazy eye. MORTIFIED.... the little girl and her mom walked off before I could make B apologize.... okay... what to do now? One girl nursing... one girl who is being a bully... pouring rain.. ahhh. Finally rain lets up, we break for the car. When we get home Matt and I make B write an apology card for this girl that she has been mean to... lesson learned. Even though it seemed crazy.. I felt like the afternoon accomplished a lot.... when B was nursing it was easy to avoid doing it in public. If she got hungry I would just leave whatever store I was in.. .go to the car and feed her in privacy. But with two.... not so easy to just stop whatever task I am doing and feed on demand. So I have been avoiding going out.... but guess what? I did it... it can be done!




So thus... I felt confident to take B to Morning Magic... a two hour play group that includes 4 classes (theatre, tumbling, art, and music) 30 min each. She has been needing to have some unstructured kid time... so this was my solution to that. I got up at 8 this morning.... class starts at 10. Feed P... hop in the shower... get B breakfast and dressed.... pump for my freezer stock....feed again.. leave. We made it on time... P slept through most of the morning and I didn't have to feed her until the last class was over! Hooray! Another successful outing. AND I used the cloth diapers out of the house too! First cloth diaper change that has occured out of the house... and it was cake! I love them... super easy to use once you get your system down!




So now I am home and figured I would write about my success......P is sleeping soundly... B is watching Babes in Toyland....I am glad I am getting the hang of this thing.




I think it's harder having the second baby because I am so used to Brilei being so adaptable at 5.. if she gets hungry.. I run through the drive through.. if she needs to go to the bathroom.. we go. I forgot how much your life revolves around nursing and diaper changing when you have a newborn, and it makes it that much harder to adapt when you are used to the self sufficient five year old. But I LOVE IT.....

No comments:

Post a Comment